Annual Meeting 2021-22
|Wed, Sep 15, 2021||Dr. Jay Vary||“CPT Coding Conundrums”|
|Fri, Oct 8, 2021||Dr. Junko Takeshita||“Eliminating Disparities in Dermatology: An Example in Psoriasis,” Pommerening Lecture|
|Wed, Nov 17, 2021||Dr. Ronda Farah||“Updates in Hair Loss and Hair Cosmetics Every Dermatologist Should Know in 2021”|
|Wed, Jan 19, 2022||Dr. Sara Hylwa||“Pearls and Lessons in Contact Dermatitis”|
|Wed, Feb 16, 2022||Dr. Temitayo Ogunleye||“TBA”|
|Wed, Mar 16, 2022||Dr. Ata Moshiri||“TBA”|
|Wed, Apr 20, 2022||UW Dermatology Residents||1st & 2nd Years present “Greatest Cases”|
|Fri, May 13, 2022||Brian Kim, MD||“TBA,” Odland Lecture|
|Wed, Jun 15, 2022||Dr. Eleanor Knopp||“TBA”|
Bringing a Patient? PLEASE DO!
SDS is virtual for the time being, and will likely continue even once in-person conferences are allowed. Due to those changes, we have had to adapt the way we organize the patient conference portion of the meeting. Please see the updated guidelines:
- Fill out the patient submission form, the president will follow up with you
- Fill out a disclosure form (takes <5 min, lasts 1 year) to resolve conflicts ahead of time.
- Send pathology slides, well in advance, to the meeting pathologist’s address below, note they are for Seattle Derm Society.
- Meetings: 3/16, 4/20, 6/15
2330 130th Avenue NE #201
Bellevue, WA 98005 (425-455-9945)
- Meetings: 1/19, 2/16, 5/13
University of Washington, Division of Dermatology
1959 NE Pacific St. Box #356524
Seattle, WA 98195
- Meetings: 3/16, 4/20, 6/15
- Take authorized photos of the patient’s condition
- Create a brief PowerPoint
- The assigned pathologist will make their own PowerPoint presentation.
- Patient Conference is not recorded due to HIPAA restrictions so be sure to take notes.
- Finally, we ask all presenters to rehearse briefly before the meeting to get ahead of any technical issues, you will be contacted with the time.
*Zoom until further notice* Members in good standing will get an invite via email.
Patient Presentations at 4225 Roosevelt Way NE, UW Dermatology Clinic, 4th Floor
Patient Discussion and Lecture at 4245 Roosevelt Way NE, Room 132
Take the 45th Street exit “East” and drive east for about 3 blocks. Turn right onto Roosevelt Way NE. Stay in the right lane. Drive two blocks and look for two red brick buildings on the right. The Dermatology Clinic is located in the south building. Immediately after the stop light at 42nd street you will see the entrance to the parking garage on your right at 4225 Roosevelt Way NE. (Patients: Park and take the elevator to the 4th floor and follow the signs to the Dermatology Clinic).
From Hwy 520
Drive West on Hwy 520. Take the I-5 North exit. Stay in the right lane and take the 45th Street exit “East.” Stay in the right lane and turn right as you exit onto 45th street. Drive for about 3 blocks. Turn right onto Roosevelt Way NE. Stay in the right lane. Drive two blocks and look for two red brick buildings on the right. The Dermatology Clinic is located in the south building. Immediately after the stop light at 42nd street you will see the entrance to the parking garage on your right at 4225 Roosevelt Way NE. (Patients: Park and take the elevator to the 4th floor and follow the signs to the Dermatology Clinic).
Pre Covid-19 Patient Instructions
Patients should arrive by 4:50 pm. Parking is available in the underground garage accessed from Roosevelt Way NE. Patients will be given a coupon for free parking when they check in at the reception desk in the Dermatology Clinic which is located on the 4th floor. The patient presentation session is from 5:00 – 5:30 pm where patients will be seen by Seattle Dermatologic Society member physicians.